Sunday, April 13, 2014

Lazy Southern Sunday means a Sunday bath!!!

I bet you thought by the title of this post that I only wash on Sunday!

Sunday is supposed to be the day of rest, right?  Why do we fill it with chores like laundry and grocery shopping then?  I know I filled my morning with dusting, steam mopping, vacuuming, dishes and laundry.  Little Ginger has kept us busy all week with track and basketball so to say my house was a mess is an EXTREME understatement.  Now it's the evening, and the hot hubs is grilling our dinner tonight.  That means instead of me prepping and cooking dinner, I gained some extra "me" time.  I found tons of detox bath recipes on Pinterest and they all sounded great... until I looked in my pantry to see that I was out of apple cider vinegar, ginger and baking soda.  Wonder what a detox bath of epsom salt, garlic salt and pepper would smell like?
But then I remembered I had some bath salts from one of our little trips this past summer that I have never used!!!  And it has lavender!   So after several early Saturday mornings of basketball and several consecutive weekends of having 2-3 extra teenage girls sleeping over, I might get some AWeSOme rest!! (cue the bells and a choir singing Hallelujah!)
So I mixed my epsom salt and bath salts and the result is...HEAVEN in a bathtub!  I will say the key to a great detox/stress reliever bath is HOT WATER.  Make that water as hot as you can stand it.  Once you get in with the mixture of  1 cup of epsom, 10 tsp of lavender oil, and 1/2 cup baking soda with the hot water, you almost instantly begin to feel sweat beads forming on your forehead.  Lie in the tub so that the water is up to your neck.  Soak for at least 20 minutes.  It is very important to drink plenty of water after you get out.  The detox bath will make you exhausted so it is best to take the bath before bed (or a much needed nap).    You don't have to add lavender oil.  You can add your favorite essential oil; I just like lavender.  Hope this helps relieve some stress and ease those aching muscles.  Another added bonus is you are ready to start the week!!
Hugs ya'll,
LSG

No comments:

Post a Comment