Sunday, April 27, 2014

Lazy Southern Sunday-DIY hand scrub

This ginger is taking it easy this Sunday (after a couple of loads of laundry, vacuuming and a little product making...oh and basketball practice for teenage girls!)  Red actually wants me to give her a mani/pedi.  So I decided I would do the same.  It's quiet around the house with the hot hubs and Pistol gone for the day.  While she takes off her glitter nail polish (uggghhh, I hate glitter nail polish.  It is like a nagging cold you can't get rid of, am I right?!)  I figured I had some time to kill while she did that.

Last summer my little sister "Blondie" got married.  For her wedding shower (which was country chic with mason jars), I made a sugar scrub as the favors.  The blog I got the recipe from has since disappeared.  All that I used was sugar and coconut oil with lavender oil.  I used lavender oil because her shower and wedding colors was purple.  I mixed 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of coconut oil in a bowl.  Then scent with oils to your liking.  I like for it to smell when you open the jar so I used a lot.  The mixture was then put in a mason jar.  I loved this stuff.  So much that I cannot figure out why I have not made it since then.  These do make great favors for wedding and baby showers.
Here's a picture of the ones I made.
So get started making your own scrub and enjoy your evening.

Hugs ya'll,
LSG

No comments:

Post a Comment